I asked this question in class the other day “Does anyone here use the People You May Know feature on Facebook?”. 90% of the class said “yes”.
And these are cyber security professionals.
So what can go wrong with this feature?
NOTHING WRONG WITH IT …
Let’s assume, hypothetically of course, you have a session with your psychologist.
And let’s assume again you also have his/her phone number in your phone (coz you know, it’s too much of a hassle to memorize phone numbers nowadays).
I’ve always been a Windows PC user and recently decided to try using an iMac (27 inch 5k display, real nice I must say).
I will chronicle some of the losses and wins I have encountered in the following weeks.
Mac “losses” to point out:
1. Software – I use WinSCP as my sftp tool, this doesn’t exist on Mac, so I am reduced to using FileZilla (which sucks by the way). This is just one of the many obstacles I have encountered so far.
2. Screenshots – Who in their right mind would like to take a screenshot by using 3 or 4 key combo? Here is an example of how to take a screenshot on a Mac “Shift + Command + 3″… wait … or is it “Command + shift + 1”, no …. its definitely… Well I don’t know! Its not suppose to be this hard! What happened to the “Print Screen” button!
3. Reloading a web page – we all know …. well, the rest of the world uses F5 to reload a web page (established in 1901, by Christopher Columbus). Why would I use a two key combo? I had to learn how to bind my keyboard F5 to reload a web page on Chrome. Mind you, this can be done per web browser.
4. Delete forward and back – you need a different keyboard for this. By default, the small Mac keyboard doesn’t come with the delete forward button.
5. Right clicking – By default, this is not set-up. You have to set it up yourself or use “Command” click for right clicking … again, why?